- After your group has arrived, break them into smaller groups of 3 to 4 (depending on the size of your group).
- Explain that you are going on a Worship Scavenger Hunt and that it will be timed. Explain that you'll have snacks, etc. when they get back. (You can prepare desert/popcorn or have your regular person prepare the snack)
- Hand out the "to find" list.
- Have fun and hurry back.
- When everyone gets back, have them share their items and their stories over desert.
- Make a big deal out of the prize without them seeing it and then pull out $100,000 candy bars to give to the winners.
- Explain to your group that praising God should be fun and spontaneous. Further, we should praise him for all kinds of people, things and opportunities. Our lives are not about carefully preparing specific times of worship, but living lives of worship.
- Take time to purposefully praise God for the different items on the list. For example, have someone in the group pray a prayer of thanksgiving for the "prickly" item. "God, thanks for the living things you have so cleverly created… like this cactus."
As a group:
- Find something prickly.
- Find something that begins with the same letter of all your team member's first names…
- Find something that reminds you of new beginnings.
- Find something that reminds you of God's faithfulness.
- Find something that proves you went into a fast food establishment.
- Find someone to help… bring back a story