During this worship time you are going to not only sing but pray some of your favorite lyrics.
As the leader:
- Choose about 4 of your church's favorite worship songs or hymns. Be sure to have copies of the lyrics for each person in the group.
- Have the music recorded on tape or CD to use in the group. If you can't find a CD with your chosen songs on it you might ask a musician in your church to join you for the evening to lead the singing.
- Take a few minutes, before you ever sing, to read aloud the lyrics to each song.
- Spend some time listening to and singing your chosen songs.
- Encourage each of the group members to pick a phrase from one of the songs that means something special to them. Ask for volunteers to share their phrase with the group.
- Lastly, close in prayer by having the group members pray the phrase that they chose. This is a very non-threatening way to encourage prayer, but never insist that everyone pray.