1. Hand out as many small pieces of paper or index cards to each person as there are people in your group. If you have 8 people in your group, each person should get 8 papers or cards.
2. Have several people read the following list of verses and
3. Say something like: "It is good to thank God for all he has done. When we are thankful, we are truly on the path to righteousness because we know that God is in charge and in control of all that exists. So we choose thankfulness. Today we are going to thank God for our friends in this group. Outside of salvation the gift of Godly friends may be our greatest gifts.
4. So on each piece of paper (or card) I would like you to put the name of our group members, one person per card. Then take a few minutes and write one thing for which you are thankful about that person. " (Be sure everyone knows each other's name)
5. After they are finished, choose one person and have the group tell that person what they wrote about them. Give everyone an opportunity to share and then choose another person. Go until everyone has been the recipient of thankfulness.
6. Close this time in a prayer of thanks for your group.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chron. 16:34
He proved he's on my side; I've thrown my lot in with him. Now I'm jumping for joy, and shouting and singing my thanks to him. Psalm 28:7
We thank you, God, we thank you—your Name is our favorite word; your mighty works are all we talk about. Psalm 75:1
Hallelujah! Thank God! Pray to him by name! Tell everyone you meet what he has done! Psalm 105:1
Hallelujah! Thank God! And why? Because he's good, because his love lasts. Psalm 106:1
Oh, thank God—he's so good! His love never runs out. Psalm 107:1
So thank God for his marvelous love, for his miracle mercy to the children he loves. Psalm 107:8