Purpose: Get excited about your local church
Supplies: You will need several stained rags. Some stains should be easy to remove while others are more difficult (e.g., stains from dirt, fruit juice, pen ink, and grease). Invite participants to bring different cleaning solutions to the meeting.
Activity: Split your group into teams of two or three. Bring out the rags and divide them between the teams. Have team members use either a sink or buckets of water with the various cleaning solutions to try to remove the stains.
- What products don't do a good job of cleaning?
- What types of stains do you get frustrated by?
- How many times will you attempt to clean an item before giving up on it?
Study: Ephesians 5:25-27
- What is the past action of Jesus?
- What is the present result of what Jesus did?
- What is the future expectation God has for you?
- How is the church washed by the word (v. 26)?
- What does a radiant church look like?
- What is the difference between a wrinkle, blemish, and stain?
- How do you feel knowing Jesus gave himself up for you?
- Where do you need to allow Jesus to cleanse you?
- How can you be a cleansing agent in your local church? What is a practical step you can take to start making the radiant church a reality?
Close by praying for your church. You could pray for the pastor, staff, ministries, and buildings.