Look at the following sharing questions on Matthew 16:13-20. From the principles in "The Quest for Great Discussion Questions," what makes each of these a questionable question? (Some have more than one right answer, which makes this one a great question!)
1. Give three reasons Jesus asked the apostles who they thought He was, and tell me how you would answer His question.
2. What are the theological implications of Peter's acclamation with regard to Trinitarian versus Unitarian doctrines, and what does that imply about the ontological argument?
3. How did you feel when you repeated the good confession?
4. What three attitudes was Jesus looking for when He asked this question?
5. What is one area in which you do not make Jesus the Lord of your life? How does that make you feel?
6. What was going through the apostle John's mind as Peter answered Jesus' question?
Click here to see answers and discussion about these questionable questions.