- I will obey the church's leaders and submit to their authority, as the Bible commands (Hebrews 13:17), knowing that this alone will prevent many conflicts.
- If I am thinking about leaving, I will meet with a staff member to express honestly why I am thinking about that. If I am disciplined by the church's leaders, I will stay and show by my repentance the power of God to restore.
Guarding My Heart
- When (not if) I am hurt by another person in this church, I will work to forgive the person fully.
- I will work to consider others better than myself, focusing more on how I need to change than on how that other person (who's bothering me) needs to.
- When I am more permissive on a debatable issue, I will not exercise my freedom in a way that offends or distresses someone who's more restrictive on that issue. When I am more restrictive on an issue, I will not condemn someone who's more permissive on that issue as less spiritual.
- I will seek to grow as a Christian in forgiveness and handling conflict, through means such as healing services, counseling, classes on relationships, and seeking pastoral care.
- When I realize I have not abided by these guidelines, I will ask for God's forgiveness. Then I will go to those who were affected and ask their forgiveness, too.
Copyright 2008-16 Church of the Resurrection of Illinois. www.churchrez.org. Used by permission.